RenderBitmap & Hidden Line Model

(I listed this question in the generaI disscusion as well. Sorry if this is a problem.) I was using the RenderBitmap tool over a 3D model that was rendered in Hidden Line & I noticed whenever I draw a polygon over the RenderBitmap image the Hidden Line rendering shows through. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this a documented feature & if so why doesn't it work when the 3D model is in other rendering modes such as Final Renderworks? It is actually a pretty cool effect.

I deleted the post over in the General Discussion. As a general rule of thumb, post a specific topic once on a forum. Typically, people read multiple forums and you post wil be viewed.

If you are drawing a polygon over an object, such as a render bitmap object AND the polygon is set to a NONE fill, you will see anything beyond the newly created object.

If you want the newly created poly to mask out, or stack on top of the bitmap, make sure the poly has a solid fill in the Attribute Palette when the object is selected.

Thanks islandmon, what I was trying to do originally was to draw a render bitmap circle over the HL model to highlight an area for special instruction to the builder. I did not realize that render bitmaps cannot be edited. I was able to work it out using this unexpected behavior to get something like this.