Applying Concrete Texture to Columns

LSlagel

I am trying to apply a concrete texture to an 18" column within a Lobby. When I render in "Fast Radiosity," the material does not show up. It looks as though I left the rendering material as "None."

I am using VW 12.5 on a PC. The column's attribute fill is solid. I have changed the "Map Type" to Sphere because the preview for both plane and column made the texture look linear. I have tried changing the material scale and the column radius.

Does anybody have a suggestion, or the right combination of settings? Thanks!

Thanks Katie. I already have several lights set up, so if I use Final Quality Renderworks, the objects just look washed out. In Fast Radiosity, columns that are in the background look ok with a concrete texture. Columns in the foreground still look streaky, as if there is a linear pattern applied to them. Any other thoughts?

For others who are dealing with a similar issue, I solved this problem by replacing my "Pillar" objects with 3D Columns and applying the same concrete texture (with Map Type: Cylinder). For some reason, Cylinders take the texture better than Pillars, and no longer look streaky when rendered.