9.5.2 Solid Modeling SNAFU's

Hello all,

I upgraded to 9.5.2 a couple of months ago and have made great use of the hidden lines smoothing angle function and the additional functions of the 3d power pack.

However, I have found that 9.5.2 can't handle solid subtractions and additions as well as 8.5.2 does. I was pestering Katie about this, the other day.

When trying to do a solid subtraction with 2 extruded shapes (the base polygon for each has around 20 to 40 nodes), VW generates intermittent run time errors resulting in an abnormal program termination. When not doing that it tells me that I've created non-computable shapes (which weren't a problem in 8.5.2).

As a work-around, I export the problematic extruded shapes to 8.5.2 and the solid subtraction and additions work like gang busters - every time. I just wish I didn't have to do that...

Katie, the video driver helps, but not with the solid/addition issues discussed on the phone...

Thanks,

m.

BTW - the o.s. is NT 4.0 on a Dell Workstation PWS420 w/ 256 mb ram and a matrox millenium g400 max dual head video card.

vw 10 is under Doc Prefs in the File>Prefs menu.

Under the Line Render tab.

This setting can be bewteen 0d and 90d and will affect the angle at which a line will be placed in hidden line rendering mode.