Color Blast

Ericoxer

This question actually lends itself to any instrument that doesnt put out a perfect cone of light, i.e. strips, colorblasts (i know i've been harping on these a lot lately).

So i've finally built a hybrid symbol for the CK colorblast. Now the problem that i've come across is that i cant render the light properly because the light only outputs a cone. Is there a way that i can set the values of the beam so it shapes the beam more like an angle and less like a cone?

You bring up an issue that I have thought about as well. It seems that most lighting has basic parts. One is the source. A given. Two is the reflector type. Three in most case is the lens or lack there of. Four would be the enclosure. It seems that building custom fixtures would be easier if you could apply some of these basic choices to the instruments. Especially a reflector type.

This is no substitue for the light info. But would be a great way to make the creation easier and then work with the light info. Many times I am just looking for a light source that is close in output, representative to it's physical shape and want to see a quick render. I rarely use this as the beginning and the end for lighting deisgn. That's what ESP Vision is for.