attribute palettes disappear

when I try change the colour of a rectangle my and I click on the solid colour to bring up the colour table and try to set a colour, the colour palettes disappears when I move my mouse near the colour palette. The same thing happens with the hatch palette. Any idea how to fix this? Thank you

What version of QuickTime do you have installed?

(In the control panel, you should see an item for QuickTime. Get the properties of this item to find the version of QT installed)

Do you have Service Pack 2 installed?

Update to 11.5.1 and see if that helps any.

Otherwise, delete the registry keys for VW. Please search the MB or the Kbase (kbase.nemetschek.net) for information on doing this OR contact Tech Support to have someone walk you through the steps.

I tried to do this but i get an error message saying that it can't find a valid version of 11.5 in the folder. I have managed to update in the past. I installed vecorworks on another computer (my laptop) and the problem did not occur. This leads me to think it may be something in my desktop computer settings. Please could you also explain what the: " search the MB or the Kbase" is?

Search the Message board or Kbase (Knowledge base) for the registry removal process.

In the upper right hand corner, you'll see a link titled "Search". You can use this search function to search for editing registry keys or just registry or registry keys to get the steps on removing the registry keys.

The knowledge base also has these steps. The link to the the knowledge base, often refered to as the Kbase, is in the post above.

I just re-read your original post. It might be that you have click-drag drawing enabled.

Go to the Tools menu, Options, VectorWorks Preferences. Under the Edit tab, do you have a check mark next to "Click Drag Drawing" ?

Now that I think about it, this may not affect this, but it's worth checking out.

When was the last time you updated your video driver?

Edited by Katie