referencing center of a hole?

Hello group,

After subtracting a extruded circle from and extruded rectangle, to form a hole, I can no longer find the center of the hole using "smart curser".

Is it possible to move/copy a hole? If I have a hole at x,y and I want to move it to x+1, y is there some way to do this?

Is it possible to extrude a group of individual objects? (i.e. I have six circles that will become holes, can I extrude them in mass? I can subtract them in mass.)

Thanks,

Ron Kenyeri

quote:

Originally posted by rlkenyeri:

Hello group,

After subtracting a extruded circle from and extruded rectangle, to form a hole, I can no longer find the center of the hole using "smart curser".

You could set a 3-d locus in the center of the hole.

quote:

Hello group,

Is it possible to move/copy a hole? If I have a hole at x,y and I want to move it to x+1, y is there some way to do this?

Yes, go into group edit mode (command [ ) this will give you access to the origional rectangular extrude and the extruded circle. Move your circle and then exit group edit mode (command ] ) and the subtraction will be updated. You can use this technique to get all the way back to your origional polygon or rectangle that was used to create the extrude.

quote:

Hello group,

Is it possible to extrude a group of individual objects? (i.e. I have six circles that will become holes, can I extrude them in mass? I can subtract them in mass.)

Thanks,

Ron Kenyeri

Yes, Yes, and Yes. Just select all the objects and use the extrude command,

Thanks for the suggestions!

The 3D loci is a good idea

As for the EDIT GROUP I would have never thought of using it after reading the description in the manual. Nor do I remember seeing it mentioned in the 3D powerpack tutorials. Do you recemend a class/book/cd for learning 3D in vector works?

As for the multiple extrude, yes you are correct what I was doing was selecting the rectangle and the circles, and vw was trying to generate a tapered extrusion!

Thanks again,

Ron