use wall line thickness

Having jumped from version 10.5 to 12.5, I'm having difficulty getting my door and window symbols to display "the way they used to display". There was an option/check box in V10: "Use wall line thickness"...When checked, it caused the 2D version of the door/window symbol to take on the line attributes of the wall...not unlike the little graphic seen in the "wall details" tab of the "Door Settings" dialog box. Can someone please help me? I know it probably has something to do with my chosen wall style vs. what class my doors are in vs. whether or not I'm drawing "use at creation"...but I cannot figure it out. I've been using VW for years and this should be obvious, but I'm coming up short.

Thank you,

Mark

Plan:

1. set 'Door Setting', check 'use part line style' - on object info or 'setting' button, set your lineweight now-door leaf, swing and wall line for your RCP.

2. put door symbol on the class you want, make sure you uncheck 'use at creation' because it will override your line weight setting from 'use part line style'

3. Have 'sill' class on, 'ceiling main' class off.

For RCP,

1.Turn off 'sill' class

2. Turn on 'ceiling main', your wall line should already been set.

you can turn off 'wall componet' in viewport.

I really appreciate your response. However, doing what you've suggested will change how the door appears in 3D as well, No?

Again, in V10 there was one simple box to check that changed the 2D appearance while leaving all the 3D class attributes in tact. I was just on the phone with Tech Support a couple days ago and the gentleman helped me figure it out (in theory), but when it came to actually doing it in a real project, my memory escapes me as to the process. Any other ideas?