How do set up defaults for reports/worksheets?

TCJAX

OK here?s my problem, we?re trying to get VW to add up lengths of steel we use in our products and I?m having a hard time figuring out if VW is even capable of doing what I want it to do.

There are two problems I?m having.

First the attached record is this-

Part name: (text)

Quantity: (integer)

Length: (number ? dimension)

Problem #1

When I run the report, on six pieces 2?3 ??, the Length comes up as DECIMAL FEET [13.625 which is 13?7 ??] on the worksheet and I have to then: Select the column, drop down the menu, click on ?format cells?, and change ?general? to ?dimension?

HOW DO MAKE DIMENSION THE DEFUALT? So my lengths show up in 13?7 ?? without having to modify the worksheet each time.

Problem #2

I need to know if it?s even possible to set up the records so it calculates the lengths of steel needed.

So for the above pieces I?d need one 20? length of steel.

I basically need to worksheet to round up the added lengths to a default and then add up the lengths.

BTW I?m using VW12 machine design on windows.

THANKS

So what I'm asking is not doable in VW?

You can scratch #2 from the post but I'd still like to find out if #1 can be done.

I can?t believe that VW would make me change every worksheet every time for every report I run on objects with records.

And I thought that maybe if I ran one report, changed the columns to 0?0? and then appended it that the new columns would show up in 0?-0?, WRONG . They?re written in decimal feet.

(Yes, I had to change my screen name. long story.)

Is the units setting in the file 'feet' or 'feet and inches'?

I just tried all three unit settings; feet, inches, feet & inches, and the worksheet still displays decimal feet each time.

---

ETA: The Rounding Style, under the units setting, was set to fractions every time

Edited by COMJAX