Pixelization with image export

Eyal

I am trying to export my design* to an MSWord document, by converting the VW files to image files (using the Export function) and inserting the resulting image in Word. However, whenever I do this, any zooming of the image shows considerable pixelization. Changing the resolution or compression settings in the Export dialogue doesn't seem to affect this.

Does anyone have a sugegstion how this can be corrected? While I've found a few workarounds (for example, a simple copy/paste results in a lower and acceptable degree of pixelization), in most cases they require a considerable degree of work to accomplish (for example, the Copy/Paste method requires all the objects to be on the same layer, which is not always the case).

*using VW 11.5.1

I tried exporting an image as you said and had no problem that I could see.

But I printed from Apple's "Pages" word processor. I did the following:

Export to Image File

300 dpi resolution

Used "pixel dimensions"

JPEG

best depth

best quality compression

I printed it to fill the page and it was very smooth. Only enlarging it way beyond page size gave me jaggies on the curved and sloped lines.

You might try different file formats; Word seems very particular about that. Maybe try BMP or TIFF. I used to have good luck with Autocad in WMF. Vectorworks doesn't export to that, unfortunately.