Using VectorWorks to generate cost estimates

Robb

Does anyone use VectorWorks to generate a cost estimate for remodel (or new construction)? I am having difficulty figuring out how to tie materials to objects to costs, especially as room size change (carpet, ceiling tile) etc. Johnathon of Archoncad helped me quit a bit but it is still is proven difficult, especially when multiple rooms are being worked on.

Thanks

Having produced thousands of estimates for renovation & reconstruction over the years, I recommend integrating VW with Filemaker Pro. First, do all the layouts and take-offs in VW then export the Worksheets & Records to a Filemaker DB to compile the estimates based on the MEANS protocols & procedures.

Thank you,

I am a bit confused as to how I can get VW to export this data. Things like area of walls, permimeters, floors, etc. all seeem difficult. I can create a worksheet but I have to manually make one per each plan that has the rooms. Is there a way to generate a schedule of room spaces?

Cool! Thanks so much that did the trick. I am reading up more on workspaces now.

Does VectorWorks have any functions to count up wall areas for a space/room. I was shown a method to build a sheet that calculates wall are aby type, but I want to be able to get inside and outside wall areas (net) on a room by room basis.

Thanks again!