Roof Construction and Diplay Issues (May be a bug)

I have pasted the following roof structure which identifies some problems that some of you have encountered and found a work around to correct. Most of the roof structures I do are pretty complex requiring the "roof face" tool rather than the "create roof" command. There are two main issues that make for addittional work to cover up in vieport elevations.

The image below identifies the basic structure to show complexity.

roof1.jpg

Next is a close up of the front roof face that shows the fascia to the right does not build the double cut mitre properly.

roof2.jpg

The same fascia from alternate perspective

roof3.jpg

As you can see the hidden line plan view is unaffected

roof4.jpg

However the next two views show the work that must be done to cover up the fascia lines...but the double mitre cut is in every gable end also showing two lines.

roof5.jpg

roof6.jpg

If anyone has experienced the same problem and found a solution let me know.

Pete Anthony

I gotta have my viewports (hidden line and all). Quicker than any other CAD I've used by far even with the minor glitches.

This roof issue has come up a couple of times now and can be frustrating having to cover up a vertical end condition that should be a double mitre as entered. It appears when you project a roof plane up from a lower level to a upper level with horizontal fascia on both levels in one plane surface. I need these planes intact for framing (which by the way has shown it's ugly head in not finding the proper angle pitch automatically).

I have seen some work from other VW users and they have a tendency to not rely to heavily on viewports. I, however have found them to save time.

Oh well....trudging on...