VW12 to ArchiCAD

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Cross-platform documents that retain all parametric properties is a bit of pie-in-the-sky, I'm afraid. Even IFC, which does deliver a high-level building description, won't necessarily do so between two different vendors, unless the two vendors have a "handshake" arrangement. Can you be more specific about what you're trying to achieve?

Im basically just trying to be able to work cross platform to achieve the best results. Some functions are fare smoother in VW, and vice versa in ArchiCAD. Between the two programs, just about anything is possible very easily. For instance, general modeling of forms is much easier in VW, but since there is not yet an updated modeling plugin for ArchiCAD, complex 3d modeling is near impossible (at least for me, a fairly new user). But, ArchiCAD handles material assignments and rendering on the fly FARRR better than VW. As I said, each program has its highs and lows, and if there were some way to achieve intermingling between the two then the results would be amazing in half the time of either program alone. Maybe I'm just imagining a dream world...but it shure would be nice...