Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Request for Advice

I'm considering upgrading to Vectorworks 12, and have a general?question about a somewhat out-there application. I'd be grateful for some advice.

I need to create 2D drawings from dimensions stored outside of Vectorworks. The idea is that the actual dimensions of a parametrically constrained drawing are determined from information stored in a spreadsheet (which, come to think of it, could be inside Vectorworks). In other words, I need to generate multiple, differently dimensioned instances of a single stored pattern.

I'm currently doing it in Cobalt, but I find it buggy, ugly, and very limited for my purposes.

A day's perusal of the VectorScript Language Guide gives me the impression I'm not barking up the wrong tree, but I'm not sure.

Any speculation on the possibility, feasibility, and ease of this application would be much appreciated

Thanks.

-Bryan

Thanks very much for the advice. As I'm an absolute beginner with Vectorscript, and further hints you'd care to give would be welcome. Scripting data into and out of VW's worksheets looks to be my primary issue.

I've considerable geek background, but egaads... Nemetschek's idea of a function reference for VS is a bit, uh... minimal. wink.gif

Thanks,

Bryan