applyting a texture

I am having a problem a creating and applying a texture to a flat. I took a JPG and did the conversion to PNG and did the import texture process. It shows up in the resouse pallet but when I apply it to a flat it doesn't look like the orginal image. I know this isn't really a spotlight issue but does any one have an idea??

Ah- the texture is probably too large in size for the object you have it applied to.

Look at the dimensions of the object you are applying it to and compare that to the dimension/size of the texture. You can find the size of the texture by editing the texture and viewing the part called Size.

If you still have problems, copy the object with the texture applied to it and send it to tech@nemetschek.net. Please include the last 6 digits of your serial number, too.

Thanks

You can do that - just use the size slider in the OIP to change the size of the image.

If the image is larger than the size of the object you have, it's hard to get it to be small enough to appear on the object.

Hi Jim,

It could also be too SMALL and what you are seeing is a tiling effect caused by MANY repeats of the original image. Sometimes it's more an issue of proportions than just size. If your source image is square & you try to apply the texture you use it in to a rectangle, it will repeat Hor. & Vert. to fill the surface. If you turn off tiling, you will get only one image on your surface, but it will not fill it completely.

The wood textures are probably tiling, but it's hard to see. Enter the edit box for one of the wood textures and click on Set By Image (under Size). YOu will see what one rep of the image looks like.

You're right about the manual being hard to follow. I'm going to a User Group on the 1st - Dave Donley (RW lead Engr) will be there. I'll see if I can get some info from him.

George

Thanks

Will take a look at the wood texture. I went into edit and changed the image size to 8' and it worked on the flat that was 4'x8' I then applied it to a small 2'x3' flat and the floor - it worked everytime. the floor repeated the pattern over and over so I assume it it tileing the image?? The smaller flat had just a portion of the image.

interesting

Need to play with this some more to see how to make it work the best.

Too bad the program can't just adjust the image to fit the size of the surface it is being applied to - or - have the option to do it - like the "CTRL 4 " command fit to window.

Now some more weirdness. I went back to re-look at my image and the preview window of my flames is totally wierd - so i changed the image size to 6" - which is what the wood texture is, and I see only a portion of my flames - I changed it to 1" and I see all the flames.confused.gif

This is really strange.

thanks for all the ideas so far any additional insight into the issue is alway appreciated as i continue to walk the path of learning grin.gif

Jim