Getting the house in position on the site model?

Fredrik

Starting out with the site and placing it on coordinates from the map, I got the house far from center on the drawing. I found the house best drawn in ground plane so I decided to save the house as a house-file and setting origin in the house. Then I referred to the house-file from the site-file, but two problems remain.

1. How do I get the house placed on the site in right position and angel in the viewport? And hopefully in a way that stays put when updating the references.

2. Even though the house is placed with one corner in origin, when seen from another position than top and top/plan (changed with the numeric keypad), the house floats away to another and far position.

Is cmd-9 a local origin? Only one ground-plan is in the Working Plane palette.

In the site plan file, create a layer link to the referenced house layer. This layerlink should be on a the site layer or another layer. Unlock (if neccessary) the layer link and move it into the correct registration with the site. Remember that the registration has to be in all three dimensions if your drawing is to be 3d. Once the layer link is positioned lock it.

At this point the visibility of the referenced house layer can be turned off as you will view its content through the layer link.

Viewports should refererence the layer that has the layer link rather than the referenced layer.

That being done the house shouldn't move when you update the reference

HTH

Dean

Thank you! That helped, and I also learned that this Layer-link does not have the function of the Massing Model in calculating Cut and Fill Volume.

I suspect the other problem to be connected with putting the house in the right hight, and not on z=0. The strange thing is that the hight I find the house on is not +85 m, but -18418 m?

Is it possible in VectroWorks to use local and global coordinates?