Global select and modify doors and windows

Mark McCay-Moran

Question

The fact that door and window objects become "one" with the wall forces tedious manual entry for elements that would be nice to change globally.

Even with the great (although apparently abandoned) Custom Selection 2 that alows searching inside containers (groups, walls, symbols), once the command is completed one always gets "at least one item is part of a wall, group, or symbol and cannot be individually selected" [Frown]

4 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by G-Pang:

Have you try Custom Selection command?

In VW11, the use of Custom Selection 2 does select all doors and does produce an OIP for them. However the OIP does not respond.

In VW12, I do not see Custom Selection 2, but only see Custom Selection under the Tool menu. I am unable to select all doors with this.

I've placed the Custom Selection 2 menu item from the Workspace Editor into the appropriate menu.

Its in the "Legacy" subfolder. Tool is still very useful (I like how it tells how many items and "pre-selects" possible subcatagories with pull down menus). Some functions are awkwarkly slow. I wish it would continue to be developed.

cheers, mmm