Export to SketchUp

Luciole Design

Question

Bravo for importing SketchUp!

However, I'd like to go the other way, too - from VectorWorks to SketchUp, with something designed specifically for this (not DXF/DWG - see below).

This would be useful when I get CAD information (surveys, architect's drawings...) that I want to use as a base in SketchUp, develop the design, then bring back into VectorWorks for construction drawings.

Sometimes a client wants a 3D view of something done in VectorWorks. SketchUp is faster for 3D modeling than VectorWorks and its site location, animation and shadow mapping features are much easier to use (unless VW12 fixed them).

My current workaround is to go through DWG/DXF, but for some reason there are gaps in line junctions that cause SketchUp not to fill as surfaces. So I spend a lot of time editing, so much that I've pretty much given up the process and have gone back to tracing bitmaps since this is faster.

I suppose this would mean getting together with @Last to see which side would implement this feature - maybe this is more in their ballpark.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet