Lighting positions overlapping instruments

On my plot, my lighting positions are on top of my instruments, and I clearly need them behind. Ive played with trying to make my instruments be solid with white backgrounds, and Ive tried bringing the instruments to the front/sending postions to the back, but to no avail.

ANY ADVICE? How do i make the Lx positions fall underneath the instuments? I cant find any preferance menu that will let me change this.

I need some advice desprately. Thanks...

quote:

Originally posted by Jake White:
On my plot, my lighting positions are on top of my instruments, and I clearly need them behind. Ive played with trying to make my instruments be solid with white backgrounds, and Ive tried bringing the instruments to the front/sending postions to the back, but to no avail.

ANY ADVICE? How do i make the Lx positions fall underneath the instuments? I cant find any preferance menu that will let me change this.

I need some advice desprately. Thanks...

It sounds like you've placed your lighting positions and your lighting instruments on two different layers and you have the lighting position layer above the instruments layer. Open the layers dialog and select your lighting instruments layer. Use the "Move Up" button to move it up the list of layers. This controls the stacking order for display of layers.

Within an individual layer the send to front and send to back will allow you to bring the instruments in front of the lighting position, or send the lighting position behind the instruments.

HTH

quote:

Originally posted by Jake White:
Thanks for the info, but this did not help. <SNIP>any more ideas?<SNIP> If you want, i can send you the file...

It will be much easier for me to diagnose the problem if you just send me the file. kmoore@nemetschek.net

Thanks

Thanks for the info, but this did not help. The instruments and positions are already on the same layer, and within the layer i have played with bring to front/send to back, but to no avail.

any more ideas?

do you think that i should put my instruments on a different layer? I know it should work on the same layer, but it isnt. If you want, i can send you the file...

jakewhite70@hotmail.com