Missing Palettes

Here's a good one.

I'm running 9.5 Spotlight on XP Professional.

Last night I was working at home with my laptop using the laptop display and an external monitor with the desktop stretched across both. I had a bunch of palettes on my external and the drawing area on my lap top.

Today I'm on a plane and open up the program to work, and all of the palettes that were on the external will not display.

I've tried deselecting them from the palettes menu and then reselecting but no luck. I've tried turning off the Spotlight Workspace and then reloading it, but no dice either.

I never had this problem in 9.0.1 (or whatever the v# was).

Help!

quote:

Originally posted by Bill Berner:
Here's a good one.

I'm running 9.5 Spotlight on XP Professional.

Today I'm on a plane and open up the program to work, and all of the palettes that were on the external will not display.Help!

Double check to make sure that you have turned off the second display. It may be that it is still "active" even though you don't have a monitor attached. If this isn't the case then you might be able to retrieve your palettes by changing to a video mode that allows something like a virtual desktop rather than spanning multiple monitors. You might be able to set the virtual screen resolution way up and then pan over to where your palettes are.

One other thing to try is to edit the workspace and choose the edit a copy of the workspace option. Actually make a change to the palettes by adding or removing a tool to the palette. This should force VectorWorks to reset the pallete. You might be able to achieve the same result by renaming some or all of the palettes.

If all else fails you can either:A) rebuild the workspace by hand :-(b) attach an external monitor to get your palettes visible again and then create two workspaces for yourself a dual monitor and single monitor version.c) E-mail me at the address below and I'll send you a copy of the spotlight workspace formatted for 1024x768.

HTH