Vectorworks 2023 PC python numpy compatibility

We are trying to get numpy working in vectorworks 2023. After uninstalling all other versions of python we managed to get numpy installed in the right place by adding to the paths for python and pip being reinstalled from python. After this numpy was installed. We tried this on two computers with numpy 1.17.4 and 1.22 being installed. Neither worked with the same message coming up (as shown on the attachment. After this we either upgraded python or uninstalled it and installed a newer version. The same thing happens with the same message coming up, with vectorworks still thinking the old original version is still installed.

Does anyone know if this is just about compatibility of numpy and python versions? are people running this successfully from vectorworks 2023 and if so what version of numpy works? does anyone know how to 'clean' vectorworks so it knows a new version is installed?

John

Screenshot 2024-03-20 143445.png

22 minutes ago, Marissa Farrell said:

@John Cox

Can you tell me more about why you were uninstalling/reinstalling Python versions?
Also, which platform are you working with?

Hi Marissa, that was quick! I was not uninstalling python versions, just versions of numpy on windows 10.

I actually just worked out what was going wrong. It was not about compatibility at all but about the python version in vectorworks being write protected. I uninstalled the old versions of numpy and when reinstalled numpy 1.26, installed as an administrator, and this then installed numpy in the vectorworks folders for python. Vectorworks then had no problems with missing files and recognised a numpy array in the python code. Fingers crossed it works for more complicated coding!