Ceiling component enhancement request?

Ryan Russell

Question

Vectorworks Team,

It is my understanding that to create a barrel ceiling, we need to identify the area, create an extrusion, and then subtract solids. While this is fairly straightforward, it doesn't account for conflicts with objects in the wall components. Is there anyway that those of us in the residential construction sector could see a Barrel Ceiling Component be engineered at some point? This is a fairly standard design element that seems to be overlooked at present & would be a tremendous asset to help those who use VW Architect in their workflow to better model for more accurate takeoffs, etc., in my opinion.

Also, what about coffered and/or tray ceilings? I know the current method of ceilings is to define your area, then create an object from shape, choose "Slab". But for those of us who do Residential Construction, we're left building our structures via piece by piece. It would be nice to have a 'component' made that would work in conjunction with the Wall Component.

And when you consider that now we're seeing "Construction Drawings" that now need to reflect more stringent code conformity, it would be nice to have a view into the model where we could in effect alter how the studs function in the wall itself. The ability to determine within (OIP) how to terminate the ends of a stud wall (2 stud corner, 3 stud corner, 4 stud corner, etc.) would be a game changer for me.

We do extensive work and a deeper degree of details than most, and feel that being able to provide this information via software would greatly increase and speed up our workflow.

Thanks,

Ryan Russell,

Rick Russell Homes, Inc.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet