Automated backup/versions of notes databases, please

line-weight

Question

As my notes databases become larger and larger I become more and more nervous about accidentally messing them up and then not being able to revert to a previous version, as can easily be done with the automated backup of drawing files.

Because of the clunky way the notes manager works (see complaints ad nauseum in other threads) it's rather easy to press the wrong button, or just "OK" when you didn't mean to, and realise you've unintentionally over-written or duplicated a note. There's no "undo" option, because changes to the notes database don't seem to count as actions in the drawing as far as undo history is concerned, and there's no auto-saved backup from 15 minutes ago to revert to if things have got confusing enough that it's easiest just to rewind back in time.

I guess that there are various reasons this might not be totally straightforward to implement, because the version of the drawing file and the notes database might be out of sync... but I think something is needed.

• Like 1

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet