Object Browser Information

M_Fedoruk

Question

Coming from Vectorworks 8, I feel that this is actually a step backwards - Previously the 'browser showed the full name of the symbol or object and the current object chosen for symbol insertion, now it shows only an abbreviated name and thumbnail - some of my symbol names start with the same word but end differently making it difficult to tell which is which (I know if I leave the mouse pointing to the symbol on the resource browser it will show me the full name after a few seconds but ???? if I'm looking at a number of symbols this is aggonizingly slow).

Switching to view as list (which now gives me the full name, provided I give lots of screen real estate to the resource browser - at its narrowist I find an icon telling me whether I've chosen a 2d or 3d symbol or a hatch and and enough space for two letters to actually tell me what the sybol or hatch really is and and a huge (13 spaces) area telling me again that I've chosen a symbol or hatch) is worse as I have no idea what symbol is currently chosen until I actually place it in my drawing.

Can we get this 'browser to give us a little more information?

1 answer to this question