Changing a lighting symbol's hanging position

Hello!

I am having trouble when moving a lighting device to a different hang position. When I first insert a light fixture symbol to a hang position, the red triangle appears, it attaches to the pipe, adopts the hang position's name, and works when I use the "Auto-Number Positions" command.

When I then need to move the light to a different hang position, I click on the hang position, click the "Remove From Hang Position" on the light, but then when I go to move the light to a different position, the red triangle doesn't appear but it does attach to a tiny red dot on the hang position, it doesn't attach to the pipe, it doesn't adopt the hang position's name, and the "Auto-Number" command doesn't work.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Edited by jloganthomas

If you open up Document Settings - Spotlight Preferences and go to the Loads and Rigging tab, you'll see that there are two check boxes at the top: Auto-position loads when created and Auto-position loads when moved.  You might have the first option checked but not the second option.  The other thing to make sure is that there isn't anything between the lighting device and the hanging position, such as a locus or guideline (unless it's part of the position geometry).  If you move a light onto something that is not a hanging position, even if a hanging position might be below that object, Vectorworks won't make the connection.

image.thumb.png.d4d72e4ff672c31efc9152227991fb1e.png

• 2 weeks later...