Joining/Connecting Hedges

Hi All, 

I am trying to find a way of joining up hedges in T junctions and cannot seem to find a way. Previously I was drawing out my polygons then creating the hedge line by using the plant line tool but in the interest of using the tools VW has to offer I am trying to replace this workaround with the hedge tool. I find that if the hedge line is just one line this is fine, but if I need the hedges to meet at any point other than the ends (for instance, when using the hedges to separate gardens in a large residential development), there is no way of connecting up the lines and I am left with a multitude of scruffy looking "junctions".

I have tried to draw a T shaped polygon and then convert it into a shape but VW just draws the hedge around it and you are left with a hedge that is double the width you need it to be or draws the hedge as a a hollow shape leaving a large gap between parallel lines. 

I'm just wondering if there is a way of connecting lines in a T junction and then converting them to hedges? This would really help out with my workflow so any help on the toopic would be appreciated