import dwg line weights

krw

Question

It would be nice if I had the option to save a consultant's line weights when I convert a dwg/dxf. This would eliminate having to reenter them everytime I get a new document from the same consultant. This could be added to the line weights window so one could have the option of choosing from a previously saved set or enter a new line weight settings.

Has this ever been discussed?

2 answers to this question

Yes I asked John Williams (NNA's chief Autocad expert) jodawi@NEMETSCHEK.NET this same question, but more specifically I asked him if VW could be set up to read Autocad's pcp (Plotter configuration settings) which are text files, which could be read in at conversion time. My recollection is that he said that it was possible with pcp files but AutoCad now uses a more complicated binary versions of this file namely: the tasks performed by plot configuration files (PCP and PC2 files) have been split between plot configuration files (PC3 files) and plot style tables (CTB and STB files), thus making the task more difficult. Maybe John would like to comment further?