Atmosphere

Jershaun

Question

I was actually one of the people that wanted an atmosphere feature that?s why I upgraded from VW 8.5.2 to VW10 among other reasons. However when I asked for this feature, I meant ?Real Atmospheric Behaviors? e.g. If one sees a vehicle?s lights in some fog, one can see the light disperse around itself, in other words a glow around the headlights. Another example is if one puts a spotlight in a drawing, one should be able to see its beam through the atmosphere. This is what REAL atmosphere does-it reflects light. [Mad]

Another problem is when I put a light behind a transparent object (opal perspex) I do not see any glow from the light ? this is not real. I use the program only for presenting in 3D (Photo-Realistic Renderings) therefore I would like Real World Conditions and nothing less will do. So c?mon guys, you?ll can do better. I am sure I am not the only person with this wish. [Roll Eyes]

I just started playing with VW10 and it seems good but the jump I had from MiniCAD 7 to VW 8 was by far greater than the jump from VW 8.5.2 to VW 10. However overall I am pleased with VW10 (but it has a few bugs which I am sure will be ironed out in the bug fix).

[smile]

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Shaun:

I just started playing with VW10 and it seems good but the jump I had from MiniCAD 7 to VW 8 was by far greater than the jump from VW 8.5.2 to VW 10. However overall I am pleased with VW10 (but it has a few bugs which I am sure will be ironed out in the bug fix).

[smile]

Make sure you report those bugs, we can't fix what we don't know about.

Note that there were just as many (actually more) programmers working just as long on VW10 as there were on VW8, so in terms of programmer effort, you're getting as much or more in 10 as you did in 8.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Shaun:

Thanks for the reply Andrew, I have buglisted some of them already but I noticed that they weren't fixed in 10.0.1.

10.0.1 was fairly limited in the number of fixes included. There will be more general bug-fixing in a future VW10 release.