Image Fill - Reproduced Too Densely

Hi All,

I've had this problem for a long while. I actually contacted VW about it but no response from there.

The problem is with the Image Fill.

Some images are reproduced as expected - so that the size of the image "tile" is fine and the image pattern is clearly visible, like a texture. But, in many if not most cases, the image is so tiny that the filled area seems solid-coloured. I tried with different image presets (resolution and size) and I can't seem to understand how this works. Sometimes I have a bigger image that is reproduced microscopic whilst another image of the same size is preproduced as expected.

What governs this behaviour?

I know that one can change the size of such image tile via local mapping settings, but this is tedious and works only in Design Layers. What if I want to use different fill attributes in different Sheet Layers or viewports?

Apart from some help - which I would really appreciate - it would be good to have such things (ie how to prepare images to be used as image fills) explained in the Help pages.