viewport layer colors not working

Ema Gia

Hello, 

I've been trying to create a sheetlayer in b&w, except for one layer that has to be in colors.

I am not able to make this function work..  eithrer Layer colors is ticked or unticked, it does not make any difference. I tried with Advanced option, b&w only and then ticked the Layer colour button for the layer I need in color, but nothing happens. 

I also tried to tick and untick layer override and layer visibilities, but nothing changed. 

Any idea what I can try?  Thanks a lot! 

layer colours.JPG

Hi, I think your options are:

• greyscale other layers:

image.png.ffeb575d2b179879e05310537bd5ed3a.png

• use class overrides, which is a lot more flexible (but annoying if it's your layers you've structured that way) - allows you to use different attributes for classes in that viewport only. You can select a few at once and e.g. edit all of their fill colour to be the same shade of grey.

image.png.b4d5d15ce8ed5e3b881f405fd1bb4ea8.png

• use two viewports, paste in place one on top of another, one of which has the one layer showing in colour, the other of which has all of your other layers visible and classes set to greyscale.
  • Like 1
On 10/3/2023 at 6:46 PM, Amanda McDermott said:

Hi, I think your options are:

• greyscale other layers:

image.png.ffeb575d2b179879e05310537bd5ed3a.png

• use class overrides, which is a lot more flexible (but annoying if it's your layers you've structured that way) - allows you to use different attributes for classes in that viewport only. You can select a few at once and e.g. edit all of their fill colour to be the same shade of grey.

image.png.b4d5d15ce8ed5e3b881f405fd1bb4ea8.png

• use two viewports, paste in place one on top of another, one of which has the one layer showing in colour, the other of which has all of your other layers visible and classes set to greyscale.

Thanks Amanda! I managed to create a sheetlayer and put 2 viewports on it, it works! only 1 more question.. how can I set viewport stacking order?

• Like 1