Texture Face Overrides on a single object are somehow disabled during MVR Export

A. Reed

Question

Vectorworks 2023 Spotlight Educational

Windows 10

I haven't tried 2024 yet, wanted to finish this show before updating. 

The model I made of one of my venues is made up of just a few objects that all have face overrides for textures, one in particular has a lot but it's just the geometry I need and is 'lightweight' for rending on the limited machine I have. Recently I've been trying to learn how to use MVR/GDTF, but I'm encountering a strange issue. I noticed that when I export an MVR, a single object in my file (the largest, with the most texture overrides) stops displaying those texture overrides for any rendering mode. This happens midway through the MVR export (see the screenshots). Afterwards, nothing I do seems to restore the visiblilty of these overrides except copying that object from a previous file and pasting it in place. Interestingly, the textures do show up in Eos after importing the MVR file though.

The screenshots attached so the sequence of events:

01-Object selected and texture override list visible in object info

02-mvr export window

03-start of mvr export (textures still visible)

04-midway through mvr export (textures vanish)

05-after mvr export and textures still not displaying (object still selected and texture override list still visible in object info).

As I said, I have a workaround, so it's not an urgent issue, but it would be nice to know how to avoid this or if I did something wrong that caused it. Thanks!

01.png

02.png

03.png

04.png

05.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet