Windows XP & SP

Jim_Allen

quote:

Originally posted by jtallen:

Just got XP and am going to install it but wanted to wait to know if anyone else has run SP on it yet and know if there are any problems.

I talked with the guys in tech support here and they have:

A) been running it on some of their machines with no problems for a couple of months.

B) Seen only the typical user issues that they see on all platforms and no particular issues.

They have had more calls about installtion problems on windows 2000 and XP but this has been mostly due to people not RTFM (reading the fine manual) with regards to installing things as an adminstrator or as a power user with necessary privleges.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

I installed XP Pro last Friday (replacing Win ME) We have had no trouble ,....yet. Actually all programs run much faster. Although in general VW 9 takes longer to open than Paint Shop Pro or AutoCad LT. It has seemed to fix one quirk we had with Win ME. When we would open a VW file from the start button > recent documents VectorWorks would start to open, after the prgram window appeared everything would disappeaer and you would be back at the desk top (We also had some strange quirks with AutoCad Lt). XP seems to have eliminated these problems and everything else appears normal (printing , importing, etc.) However, as with all windows products time will be the judge. Will it get all gummed up in 6 months?