How do you export striplight color to Vision?

Hi,

I'm trying to export a file using conventional striplights to Vision.  When I go into the edit menu, however, the color wheel options are all greyed out so I can't add a color.  Is there some workaround?  I'm using the latest symbol library on VW 2022.

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by BScott
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you can tell me what your Fixture Mode is set to, I can look at the content and tell you what color options are supported by the device. My guess is that the selected device does not have Color Wheels and only supports RGB/CMY color mixing via DMX.

Hello and thanks for your response!

The lights I'm using are incandescent striplights so they wouldn't have DMX color mixing in real life.  The fixture modes I am using are "L&E MiniStrip/MS 3-Circuit" and "Altman Sky-Cyc_03".

Warmly,

Scott

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

So, I realize now why you're not getting the option to insert the color like you'd expect. These fixture modes are, what I refer to as, multi-part fixtures. The problem with a multi-part is that every part can have its own color. And both the VW and Vision UI doesn't support this level of dynamic interfacing.

I talked with one of our content guys and their suggestion was that, if you cannot use the color as-is, you try swapping your fixture out for either a 3 cell that is a single circuit or 3 single cell fixtures. Because these fixture modes are not multi-parts, the UI that you need should be exposed and you should be able to set the color you desire.

My apologies for the inconvenience! I hope you are able to work around this issue. We'll have to think about our UI and how we might be able to handle this better in the future.