Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Duplicate Symbols into 3D Array

Back with another marionette question regarding 3D arraying, specifically in the X/Z direction. I'm working on a tool to make video walls from custom LED tiles in the symbol library, and the biggest hang-up I've run into is cleanly arraying in 3D with marionettes. Currently, my arrays rely on extensive duplicate, list, and move commands (shown below) that eventually hit a limit on how many rows and columns I can make. I've seen some tools on here posted to replicate a 3D array marionette, but none of them have worked effectively to solve this issue. Are there any clean workarounds here that I can try?

image.thumb.png.2d9b258b275843102316e80eb4bdabd5.png

Hello,

unfortunately i dont understand your screenshot, so i am not 100% sure that this is what you are searching for, but here is a small example network that creates a 3D array of an object (it has to be a 3D object, or it wont be moved in 3D space) by duplicating it and moving the duplicates. I am pretty sure this is not the optimal solution but in my example it works.

If you recreate this example please make sure to set the two mix nodes to "Cross Reference" in the OIP.

grafik.thumb.png.f3a9ff02db3090449e57822b2bd4e158.png

Regards,

Letti

Edited by Letti R
On 4/22/2023 at 6:25 AM, Letti R said:

Hello,

unfortunately i dont understand your screenshot, so i am not 100% sure that this is what you are searching for, but here is a small example network that creates a 3D array of an object (it has to be a 3D object, or it wont be moved in 3D space) by duplicating it and moving the duplicates. I am pretty sure this is not the optimal solution but in my example it works.

If you recreate this example please make sure to set the two mix nodes to "Cross Reference" in the OIP.

grafik.thumb.png.f3a9ff02db3090449e57822b2bd4e158.png

Regards,

Letti

@Letti R This is a significant improvement to my current duplicate array workflow, thanks!