Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Custom Node - List Resources

Still tinkering. This time I have cobbled together a custom node to run VS:BuildResourceList2.

It seems to work fine, except the SUBFOLDER option. The search doesn't appear to ever be limited to the subfolder. I want to limit the list to a very specific folder in the document resource library. Is this behaving correctly?

#Modified by RB April 2023
@Marionette.NodeDefinition
class Params(metaclass = Marionette.OrderedClass):
#APPEARANCE
	#Name
	this = Marionette.Node( "List Resources" )
	this.SetDescription( 'Builds a list of resources based on the OIP input' )

#Input Ports

#OIP Controls
	ObjectTypeIn = Marionette.OIPControl( 'Object Type', Marionette.WidgetType.Int, 0)
	ObjectTypeIn.SetDescription('Integer that corresponds with Vectorworks Object Type')

FolderIndexIn = Marionette.OIPControl( 'Folder Index', Marionette.WidgetType.Int, 0)
	FolderIndexIn.SetDescription('Integer that corresponds with the folder name constants')

SubfolderIn = Marionette.OIPControl( 'Subfolder', Marionette.WidgetType.Text, 'Textures')
	SubfolderIn.SetDescription('Limit the list to the contents of this subfolder')

DefContentIn = Marionette.OIPControl( 'Default Content', Marionette.WidgetType.Bool, False )
	DefContentIn.SetDescription('Tick to enable default content') 

#Output Ports
	list = Marionette.PortOut('List')
	list.SetDescription( "List of the specified resources" )

#BEHAVIOR

def RunNode(self):
	#functions

#inputs

#script	
	ResType = self.Params.ObjectTypeIn.value; # The resource type: https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:Function_Reference_Appendix_D
	FolderIndex = self.Params.FolderIndexIn.value; # The index of the folder path: https://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:BuildResourceList2
	SubFolder = self.Params.SubfolderIn.value; # A subfolder of the folder path to which the list is limited
	DefContent =self.Params.DefContentIn.value; # Toggle display of default content
	resList = []

# Populate the resource list
	resListID, numItems = vs.BuildResourceList2(ResType, FolderIndex, SubFolder, DefContent)
	for i in range(1, numItems + 1):
		resList.append(vs.GetNameFromResourceList(resListID, i))

#outputs
	self.Params.list.value = resList