Runtime error

jomer

Windows 2000 VWSP 9 512MBRam 32MB Video

HAve drawn the plan and go to Generate Paperwork. Change inventory, change schedule setup and header configuration when I exit I get runtime error program closes. Did this three times same thing each time. Did it again one at a time changed inventory then left generate paperwork then went back and changed then left and went back. This time no crashing.

Rule 1 Back up constantly and before doing something different

just did it to me again. If I do more than one action in the Generate Paperwork area I get a runtime crash.

Also having some problems with the key. I have adjusted the size to suit but the text is wrapping when it does not need to as there is enough room for the lamp type to be written in one line not three. Any ideas?

OK this thing is really starting to get to me.

The problem seems to reside in the Generate Paperwork, Header Configuration. I have placed my name to the left, show name centre and date to the right. I did not like it and tried to reset it to none. If I do that it will crash the program with a runtime error.

Good night or good morning to all.

quote:

Originally posted by jomer:

OK this thing is really starting to get to me.

The problem seems to reside in the Generate Paperwork, Header Configuration. .... If I do that it will crash the program with a runtime error.

Good night or good morning to all.

The only thing I can think of to help get around this crash would be to delete the worksheet "Schedule Formats" from your document. Save the document. Restart your machine and see if this improves the situation. (you'll have to set up your schedule columns and formatting again) There is nothing that I can think of in SpotLight that would lead to this crashing and I haven't heard of this problem before. Are you seeing this problem on just this file or is it most of your files that are doing this. If it's just this file then please send it to me so I can use it for testing. If purging this worksheet doesn't fix things then there may be some other sort of subtle corruption in the file that is making things unstable. You might try copying everyting in your document into a new file to see if this alleviates the problem.

If none of this solves the problem or you're seeing this in many of your files you might want to try re-installing SpotLight. One of the libraries, dll's, etc that VectorWorks uses might have become corrupted or overwritten by some other software and be the root of the problem.

HTH

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

quote:

Originally posted by jomer:

Also having some problems with the key. I have adjusted the size to suit but the text is wrapping when it does not need to as there is enough room for the lamp type to be written in one line not three. Any ideas?

If you enter the Key group and select the appropriate text block(s) you'll see a parameter on the object info palette for text wrap width. It sounds like you just need to adjust this width to match your resized legend or turn off wrapping.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------