Runtime Error

quote:

Originally posted by JoshuaGill:

When I try to open one of my files, I get a dialog box that has a title of "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" and the body of the box says "Runtime Error! abnormal termination" Can you tell me what I need to do to open this file?

Can you give me some more details about your platform, O/S, machine configuration, VW version, etc? Are you double clicking on the file in the O/S or are you opening it from open command in VectorWorks? Is is just the one file or is it a bunch of files? Recent changes to your system? (new software, hardware, etc)What is the reported size of the file in the system?

All of these things could be contributing to or causing a problem. I'll need some more info to diagnose cause of your problem.

TIA

"Doctor, it hurts when I go like this."

"Then Don't Do That!"

;-)

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

My platform is Windows 2000 ME. The VW version is 9.0.1. The last program that was installed was RenderWorks 9. I open the file using the File command. So far it only seems to be one file. I created the file using VW 8.5.2 and I tried and opened the file once in VW 9 and when I tried to open it again, I got the same message. Once I couldn't open it in VW 9.0.1, I tried to reopen the file in VW 8.5.2 and I received the same error message.

quote:

Originally posted by JoshuaGill:

My platform is Windows 2000 ME. The VW version is 9.0.1. The last program that was installed was RenderWorks 9. I open the file using the File command. So far it only seems to be one file. I created the file using VW 8.5.2 and I tried and opened the file once in VW 9 and when I tried to open it again, I got the same message. Once I couldn't open it in VW 9.0.1, I tried to reopen the file in VW 8.5.2 and I received the same error message.

Since you opened the file in 9.01 It converted it to a v9 version of the file and should have defaulted to using a new name. You might be able to try re-opening the original 8.52 file if it still exists. VW 8.52 won't be able to open the v9 version of the file which may be why you're seeing the error there too.

It sounds like this file is corrupted in some way. If you could e-mail it to me I'll see if we can open it here. I would also suggest that you run some of the system disk utilities like chkdsk, scandisk, defrag, and antivirus software to make sure that this isn't a sign that a hard disk is going bad or that a virus or worm has infected your machine.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------