Image Fill ? Tile Roof Barrel

RBPC

Image Fill ? Tile Roof Barrel

Although this is in the library and is visible when applied to 2D objects I?m having a difficulty getting this from the Resource Browser to a 3D object. Other textures like Tile Stone 10 work fine. I note that on the Object Info pallet under the render tab not all image fills are listed including tile roof barrel. Does this need to be installed there and if so how? I seem to keep going in circles using Help.

Rick,

Image Fills only work on 2D objects.

There is a Tile Stone 10 Image Fill and a Tile Stone 10 Texture in their respective folders.

The Tile Stone 10 Texture will work with 3D objects and I think the fact that they have the same name is what is causing the confulsion.

You can create a new texture by using an image.

George

Indeed, both confusing and difficult. The 2d Image works really well on 2d surfaces.. if you simply ignore the fine points of the cuts, ridges, & valleys.

But creating a realistic looking 3D Barrel Roof Tile texture is not easy to do. Getting all the parts to fit together just right is time consuming. And then there's the problem of discolorations of the tile.

Here's an example of applying somewhat similar concrete Spanish Tile textures:

-