Effective downgrading of access to various Resource Content ??

Davidd1

Question

Hi 

A query here to see if anyone experiencing similar issue with a 2023 Architect Module License . 

Installed 2023 - Currently running SP2. 

Installed Resources with Package Manager . 

On searching for resources normally available ) 2022 Version) - Finding dramatically diminished amount of resources available -

For instance little to No Plant based resources / Tree resources . Primary Library Access not showing Numerous folders available in 2022 version . 

Contacted VW Support in UK . 

Deleted resource Cache and rebuilt

As a test search -   " TREE " brings up 112 Items . 

Support contact informs me I should be seeing 4,000 Items .

He suspects this may be due to new " Watermarking" of Landmark Model based items which I now no longer have access to . 

If so , this is Massive downgrading of resources presented as being available to me . Resources which until now were ( 2022 Version) available . !??

Has anyone had similar experience using 2023 VW Architect Module at this time ? 

Thanks 

David

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

Yes , 

I checked further and it seems I have the possibility to download all plant resource with the Package Manager , but 2023 Resource Manager will not recognise the " Plant" folder . 

LIBRARIES & OBJECTS AVAILABLE IN THE VECTORWORKS RESOURCE MANAGER lists https://customers.vectorworks.net/content?languages=en&page=20

Numerous plant resource Content - As v2018 thru v2022 and also v2023 . ( although 2023 now with a new address in resource manager folders) ... 

No listing here of availability by Module Type , ie Architect / Landmark/ Design Suite . 

I have access to this content in V 2022 . - No longer in V 2023 . 

My question - 

Having a VW Architect License was I never supposed to have had access to these resources ?

Or have I now lost access to this content in upgrading to V 2023 ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi all,

We have fixed this problem with the plants image based symbols not being available in the Resource Manager and that will be coming out soon to you. You will see this in the next Resource Manager update that gets pushed out in VW 2023.

As for the overall folder structure between VW2022 and VW2023, yes we did a major reorganization to the libraries. There are now eleven top level folders containing sub-discipline or subjects within.