Thanks Kevin, you got my point.
I use the Printers ip Address to print from other systems too so i now it is the correct ip Address.
when i imput the Printes ip in the LPD Menu and check the Address it keeps telling me "unkown ip Adress".
The Mac has a korrect ip, internet and fileservers are working, the printer is working from other (older) Macs but not from the intel iMac 10.4.7
So it looks like my JetDirect EX can not understand LPD?
By the way:
I tryed to print into the Postscript que on a old Mac running the HP RIP in the classic mode.
1. Starting the RIP in the Classic Mode
2. Testing. the RIP is printing.
3. config. the Printer from the Intel Mac via AppleTalk (like Peter Cipes described it) to the RIP Mac
4. the Intel can not find the .ppd so i show him
5. Printing that way ends in some "can not finde Printer" on the intel side.
The RIP dos not move at all.
i hope you get my point and can help my with his problem.
sorry there is no better english in my writing.