Keynote Editing and Regeneration

Kevin

How do I edit a keynote that is already generated? I did what I thought was logical and it did not work.

1. I created a set of keynotes in the Keynote Manager. I then used the Create Notes command to create the notes on the sheet.

2. I wanted to edit the content of one of the keynotes. I went to Keynote Manager and selected the note. With the Edit button I edited the note and it shows in Keynote Manager the way that I want it.

3. On my sheet I then delete the previously created set of notes, (the edit did not hot-link). I then created a new set of notes using the Create Note command as I had done originally.

4. The new set of notes on the sheet do not reflect the change made in Keynote Manager. When I go to Keynote Manager, my change is there as expected but it does not transfer to the created notes on the sheet.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to have found the answer to my question. However, NNA is there a better way to do this?

If I delete the keynote reference from the plan and then place a new reference it takes on the attributes of the edited text.

Then if I delete the gathered set of keynotes and regenerate that, I then end up with the properly edited text.

Is there not a way for the keynote process to update automatically when I edit the keynote database?