V11 or V12

As I understand it, one of the features of V12 is to retain the original file name after conversion and add the v11 to the older converted file. This is normal and actually reverse from previous versions where the old file retained the original name and the new file was appended the version number.

Open an old file and the convert dialog box appears. There you have the "settings..." button which enables you to make it work either way you want.

I suppose if you had v10 and converted to v11, you got the v11 appended to the file name. Maybe it was never removed at that point so now you're converting v11 files to v12...with VW12's new rename feature the new file doesn't get a v12 anymore, just the original file name which included the v11. So then it would be confusing because the file was converted to v12, but still says v11. I don't know if that makes sense at all [smile] so...

in Mac OS X, the icon says VW12 or VW11 on it. I think it's safer to determine a file's version by the icon as opposed to the file name appendage if you had to know just by appearance.

Personally, I think the "v??" should be cleaned up on old files preventing some confustion like this once the conversion is made. NNA is attempting to help us by the convert file/rename feature in VW12.