Dongle sleep problems

I've searched the list and come up with dongle problems but these seem to refer to Mac or multi license issues so forgive me if this has been covered before.

I have a new computer, running Windows XP with SP1 only and installed Vectorworks 10.5 with the drivers etc given on the install disk when I purchased it.

Everything works fine except if I put the computer in sleep mode whilst away from it I get a message saying something like the dongle does not match my serial number and closes Vectorworks.

It restarts fine, sees the dongle etc. So can I cure this, is it a Vectorworks or Windows problem. Never happened on my old machine running Windows 2000 Pro.

I do have my old copy of 8.5 installed as well due to needing this for old files and connection to Artlantis, so I hope the solution is not to remove this old copy. It is so old it's none dongled anyway.

So it appears either nobody has a solution to this problem and I'm stuck with a dongle that does not work correctly.

Pretty poor result on the part of a company that introduces a measure to ensure no illegal use of software only to penalise it's legal users.

No response from Nemetschek at all.