Palette Activation Troubles

Hey all,

While working on vectorworks last night, I somehow managed to lose my "Tool Sets" Palette. When I went to Window>Palette>Tool Sets, nothing happened. It acts as if I'm just clicking on the program. Which going back to the palettes, the tool set hasn't been checked. I then unchecked another palette, and it came back with no problem, but when I unchecked the basic palette, again, I was unable to get it to return. I am now stuck without the Basic and the Tool Sets Palettes. The two palettes I use most often.

I tinkered with the workspace a bit to try and fix it, but had no luck and reverted it. I'm at a halt on my work until I get this fixed. Please offer any suggestions you may have.

Thank you!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You can reset JUST the Workspaces folder within your User Folder by following these steps:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1099/Resetting+Vectorworks+Preferences

Before that however, make sure you've already updated to SP3 if you are using Vectorworks 2015. Also, please add your version and OS information to your signature like you see on mine, so that troubleshooting is easier.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The folder inside the user folder it guides you to is named "Workspaces", just move that folder elsewhere. Also, if you just move your whole user folder or any of its contents away, you can always put them back afterwards instead of deleting them outright, as it details in the backup steps.