"Export Quicktime movie not in Plugins folder"

I tried to export a quicktime movie as I have done in the past. This is VW2015 sp3 on 10.10.2. Where the menu item to export a quicktime movie was, now it says that. And doesn't do anything.

I also tried to export a Quicktime VR object. This worked, produced a large file. But it will not open in Quicktime, latest version. I had to download QT 7 to play it.

Can anyone tell me where to get the plugin?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That may happen if you brought this workspace from another version, was that the case?

It should be correctable if you remove the command from your workspace via the workspace editor, then re-add Create Animation to the Model menu or Export Quicktime VR to the File > Export menu.

It had to be reworked since we removed the Quicktime dependency from Vectorworks in 2015.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Oh, I hadn't noticed that before, apologies. No, it looks like QuickTime Player X/10 can not open these files, it needs to use QuickTime 7. But thats a change on Apple's end with QuickTime player, not to do with our change. When I attempted to run the QuickTime VR made in Vectorworks on OS X 10.10, I was prompted to install QT 7, so that must be the case now.