Planting Plans -Plant Symbols Counting, Adding

Windy

Vectorworks tells me how many symbols are in the ENTIRE document file with a worksheet. This does not work for a planting plan, where I need to count specific groups of symbols and label them. I am using the plant label/ID, but it doesn't count symbols that are not on the same path.

I'm coming from an Autocad background. There is a command that I can select the symbols/objects/blocks I want and it tells me how many are in the selection. It also lists the different symobls by quantities. I can't find a similar feature in Vectorworks.

And can I group symbols together, or add paths together? At least I could get a count this way.

No, I don't think that is it exactly. It seems like I would have to put each plant symbol grouping on a different class to be see it. A huge amount of work in a very complicated plan, or to change thousands of plant symbols we already have created. I need something that quantifies the symbol in the plan as drawn-it IS possible, the plant ID label bubble does this, but I still have the problem where I can't add non-contiguous paths or get a sum of the selected items.

Is there at least a way to add symbol paths together and I can use the one feature that seems to work?

I use notes to do this and set criteria, I have also used classes. It does not seem onerous to select all the plants you want to add together and change the class on them. Magic Select makes getting each one you want quite easy.

You can change class values or anything else without affecting your template.