Access saved views when working with a referenced viewport.

Ive got a referenced viewport in a file called furniture.vwx which contains a site survey.

In my site survey file ive got a saved view called 'Clean Drawing' which is basically just the building GAs with all the ceiling heights, lighting, small power etc turned off via the classes.

What id like to do is be able to access and toggle on / off the saved view from inside of my furniture file.

At the moment the only way i see to controll the classes, of the referenced viewport is by clicking the viewport in the navigation panel and clicking classes.

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi John,

If you use Layer Referencing, NOT Design Layer Viewport Referencing, you'll get the classes from the SOURCE file in your TARGET file. You can't actually reference the Saved Views from the Source, but you CAN create Saved Views in the TARGET that will turn your classes in the SOURCE on and off.

In fact, what's old is new....in many cases we are recommending using Layer Referencing so that you CAN maintain control over ALL classes, even at the Sheet Layer level...how cool is that?

I've included a couple of simple files if you'd like to have a go...

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner