Minicad 7 to Vectorworks 2014

Tony36

Question

Hi there,

I have many old files drawn in the old Minicad 7, we now have VW2014 but it doesn't recognise the file format at all. I know there used to be converters on the VW website, but cant find these anymore. Is there any converter available now to span such a large amount of VW versions ?

7 answers to this question

Thanks Jim,

I've opened them in Wordpad and it says version 9.5.1, but there is no association to any program. Really I just need some sort of converter program that can up the version to something newer that VW2014 will recognise, otherwise i've now got a huge database of files that I can't access.

All these files opened in VW 12.5, but now we have upgraded they are no longer recognised. I don't really want to start sending all these files for your tech support to convert, There used to be converters on the website where you downloaded the updates from, what happened to these ? Maybe one of those might be a better option ?

As a follow up to this problem, it was found that the original old files had no file extension in win 7, i.e. no .MCD or .VWX, by renaming the file extension .vwx they all loaded into VW2014 fine.

I hope this helps anyone else if they come across the same problem in the future.