Parametric object creation in Python

RickR

Question

I tried loading the tutorial files and got nothing but errors.

There seems to be two sorts of tasks for scripting; creating tools to do a function and creating parametric objects. Both are major time savers if they can be created reasonably easily.

2 answers to this question

I guess I need more training...

I followed the sample instructions as best I could and got nothing but a long error dialog. Stuff missing...

I started some basic Python tutorials but have yet to get to where they would cross over with the VW scripting environment. I also don't have a ton of time to learn a new language for a bit of scripting work. So some directed training would be great.

After a bit I've gotten some things to not generate errors, but the samples are still pretty buggy. It's been a while since I looked at it so I don't have the specifics at hand.

In looking at the various discussions in the scripting forum I see a lot about new tools or automating tasks. Very little is happening with tools that make new parametric objects, like Landru Design and others do so nicely.