Export from Vectorworks Educational

Im a student architect using vectorworks 2008 but got very frustrated with its lack of functionality. Ive download VW 2012 and think it has made some great progress. One of the reasons I favor VW is that aesthetically you have much more control over the drawing.

Now to my complaint. As an architect i often use the drawings as the starting point for photoshop montages, or as part of a presentation assembled in Illustrator. I think it is an awful move by Nemetschek to password protect VW Pdfs. It renders to much of the drawings useless. As a student it would be impossible for me to afford a full licence.

Does anybody know of a fix or is it going to be a case of massive lack of forethought on the part of Nemetschek.

A very disgruntled student

Howard's solution sounds like the best one, as exporting as a DWG will - as he already said - allow you to maintain control over line weights etc; however, another option (for Mac users) is to view the locked PDF which you exported with Preview, and then select "File>Duplicate>Save as...", and save the copy without any security.

The benefit of this method is that you quickly save it as a PDF which you can import into Photoshop without needing to go via Illustrator if you have no line weights to adjust.