VW 11.5 switch from winXP to win7

Good morning!

My company just replaced my windows XP SP2 computer with a windows 7 computer. They reloaded my version of VW 11.5 with Spotlight onto the new machine. All of my files & folders that are on my desktop appear to be there, but no longer seem to have a file association. I try to open VW, either from the icon on my desktop, the start menu, or clicking on a specific document and get this message: "VectorWorks requires Windows 98 or Windows 2000 or later to run. Please upgrade your operating system."

I'm looking for suggestions to pass on to our IT dept, since I would imagine any workarounds have to be done with administrator access that I don't have.

Thank you for reading :)

Here is a compatibility list for VW and Windows:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/875/Vectorworks+Operating+System+Compatibility+List+7-20-2011

Vectorworks 11 isn't shown, but since Vectorworks 12 isn't compatible with Windows 7, I would say VW11 is not compatible also. You also didn't mention whether you have 32 or 64 bit Windows 7.

You may be out of luck trying to run it on Windows 7.